Sunday, December 22, 2013

Getting to Know ABST Mexico: Katie Kapp

Hola Familia y Amigos- 

So as to make this as full an experience as possible, we'd like to introduce you to all the members that make up team ABST Mexico before we venture to Merida in March!

Every day this week we will do a member spotlight on someone in our team. 

We thought it'd be fitting to first introduce you to our blog moderator, the lovely Katie Klapp! We're grateful to Katie for stepping up to the plate with the task of maintaing our blog.

Here's a little more about Katie: 



Q: Why Mexico? 

A: I took Spanish for 3 years in high school, and I enjoyed learning both the language and culture. Plus, I’ve always wanted to travel outside of the U.S. & Canada.

Q: What is one thing you'd like to learn more about before venturing to Mexico? 

A: Since Merida is in the Yucatan, the Mayan culture is still present in today's culture. I think it would be interesting to see how the Spanish/Mexican culture interacts with the Mayan roots in daily life.

Q: What do you consider words to live by?

A: Don't forget to smile every once in a while. 

Q: If there were ten more hours in a day, what would you do?

A:  Read, write, and sleep more.

Q: If you were stranded on a desert island with only one object, what would you want that object to be? 

A: a Bible

Q: What is something you find interesting about yourself? 

A: I was valedictorian of my high school class.

Q: What is one of your personal attributes that you feel will contribute to the positive growth/outcome of the trip?

A: My dedication - I always put my best foot forward in everything I do, and I try to do everything whole-heartedly.

Q: What is your dream job? 

A: Anything I enjoy that would improve people's lives

Q: What food item do you believe Wegman's should always include in their buffet? 

A: I've never been in a Wegman's because there aren't any Wegman's where I live.

Q: What inspires you? 

A: Success in the face of adversity, and also music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment