Thursday, February 8, 2018

Meet the 2018 Merida Group!

Hello everyone! We are less than a month out from our trip to Merida and are busy making last minute preparations for what is sure to be an amazing trip. We thought now would be the perfect time for you to get to know our team.


Students



Emma Hesch
Junior Social Work major
Hometown: Lockport, New York
"I am super excited about my upcoming trip to Mexico! I look forward to learning about a community different than my own. I can’t wait to immerse myself in my travel experience and make a difference in the lives of others! I especially look forward to spending the week with other Gannon students and making memories that will last a lifetime!"




Mackenzie Wenrick
Public Health major, class of 2019 
Hometown: Woodward, PA
"I am most looking forward to expanding my 
worldview and immersing myself in a new culture." 




Kate DuCarmeSophomore Physician Assistant major
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
"I am looking forward to interacting and learning from a new environment. I am excited to push myself and explore beyond my comfort zone."


Ryan Young
Freshman Biology, Pre-Med major
Hometown: Punxsutawney, PA
"I am most looking forward to living among those in the Merida community and experiencing the different culture."



Dorian Tamburlin
Freshman Psychology major
Hometown: Kersey, PA
"I'm looking forward to helping/meeting new people, giving back to a community, and having a chance to travel with a purpose."



Sydney Khreis
Freshman Biology, Pre-Med major (Psychology minor)
Hometown: Grand Island, NY
"I'm most looking forward to experiencing how Mexico's culture differs from ours and trying new foods."

Student Leaders


Noah Repko
Biology, Pre-PT major
Hometown: Erie, PA
"I'm really looking forward to spending time getting to know the people from the Mission of Friendship as well as their culture! We are very blessed to have the group that we do this year and we all bring something special to share with the people of the Yucatan."


Lydia Fennessy
Junior Physician Assistant major
Hometown: Monroeville, PA
"I am most looking forward to returning to the country I fell in love with last year on my ABST! I am excited to share in my love with a wonderful group of students we have this year." 

Adult Accompaniers


Sarah Ewing
Dean, Morosky College of Health Professions and Sciences
Hometown: Linesville, PA
Education: B.S. Biology (2001), Ph.D. Comparative Biomedical Sciences (2007)
"[I am] most looking forward to the opportunity to learn and work with Gannon students as we support and interact with our friends and partners in Merida."
 



No comments:

Post a Comment