Thursday, March 2, 2017

Es un Día Bonita!



Buenos Dias! It's Sara! After a long night of rest I am feeling ready to tackle the day at the daycare and the after school program, Neuva Vida, with all the people and young girls of the Mission of Friendship! The days in the village were very humbling for me. We were so blessed to be brought into Father Felix's home and taken care of by all the people who had very little. Our days spent there were full of adventure, as we got to swim in a canote (a natural underground river), and full of cultural diversity, as we got to share our meals and days with all the people of village! Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of our busy lives as Americans we forgot what is going on in other countries in the world; We are kind of in our own bubble. These people are open to so many visitors, they welcome many service and travel groups into their homes, and would give the shirts off their back. So much love for all the people here!! I will definitely bring back the lessons I have learned here in the Yucatán to my everyday life and be sure to wake up with a grateful heart each and every day! Missing my loved ones back home! Hola to my family and friends :)



Hola amigos! Spending time in the village was such an amazing experience. The people are the most generous and kind people that I've had the chance to meet. It just amazed me how much they were willing to give when they didn't have very much at all to begin with. It really puts things into perspective when thinking about it. We, in America, have so much that we take for granted each day, when there are people in other countries with barely anything and just enough to survive. In the village we had many opportunities to really experience the culture of Yucatán. We were provided with so much food, saw cultural dances, and really got to see how the people of these villages lived when going on a tour throughout the villages. In the one village, Yaxunah, we had the opportunity to swim in a cenote, which is an underground river. We all encouraged each other to join in the experience. For the few that were hesitant about going down the ladder, we all sang songs to distract them. The song of our trip has been "La Bamba", and we sang our first successful round through while encouraging Maria! The cenote was beautiful with crystal clear blue water and vines hanging down from the rocks. I am so happy that we got the chance to experience the cenote! I have learned so much from this trip and I can't wait to bring this back with me and apply it to my everyday life. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be on such an eye opening and inspirational trip. Sending much love to my friends and family!  :) - Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment