Friday, March 3, 2017

Where's Alex?

Where do I begin? I'm pretty sure that I accidentally ate my weight in food this week, but in all honesty this has been a life changing week for me. Being able to meet everyone that we met was unbelievable. Padre Felix is truly an inspiration to me. He treats everyone as if they were his best friend from childhood. Padre Felix taught me a lot about how to treat people. This man that we had never met before gave up his own bed for us to sleep in. This man devoted his life to help others and bring others up. Padre Felix is one person I will never forget. These past couple days we spent some time at the Nueva Vida Program with the girls that are a part of it. The girls that go there spend the morning at school until about 1pm then the go to the Nueva Vida Program until around 7pm. While they are at the program they have chores that they have to get done, then there is time for their studying. While at the program they have English classes, computer classes, or life skills classes. This program is help these girls learn responsibility and other skills they will need for the future. While we there all of the girls touched all of our hearts. Leaving today was very difficult for all of us, but the girls made us promise to come back next year.


This group that came on this trip are all fantastic people. These people not only helped those we came to help, they also helped me. They showed me the goodness in everyone and even though we all come from different places, we can all still come together to help others in need. Erin L., Delaney, Taylor, Lydia, Sara, Emily, Joe, Erin B., Sam, Maria, and Parth all shared this special experience with me and with that they all hold a special place in my heart.

Don't worry I'm alive mom,
Alex Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment