Sunday, February 28, 2016

We have a new member!

Due to family matters, Deacon Steve was unable to travel to Merida this year. But just in the nick of the time, Chris was able to agree to come with us! We're glad that he's able to come and certainly keeping deacon's family in our prayers. Here's Chris' bio blast...  

Chris Beran 


Year & Major: Bishop Donald W. Trautman House Coordinator and Associate Campus Minister; B.A. Sociology, B. Phil., M.A. Theology and Christian Ministry

Hometown: Sterling Heights, MI

Why did you choose Mexico?: Mexico chose me! I found out about 72 hours before the trip was set to leave that I would be taking the place of Deacon Steve Washek. 

What is your favorite Gannon memory?: All my trips that I have taken with students at Gannon have been memorable in each of their own ways. I went to Philly and saw Pope Francis. I went to the March for Life and got stuck on the PA turnpike for a day. And now I am traveling to Mexico in the last minute. I am looking forward to the other great memories and moments that this ABST trip shall bring. 

What are your hobbies and/or favorite things to do?: I make latch hook rugs and knotted rosaries. I enjoy canoeing and kayaking. And then I enjoy pretty much anything related to theology. 


[P.S. we're alive and more info is coming soon!]

No comments:

Post a Comment