Sunday, January 5, 2014

Getting to Know ABST Mexico: Lexie Mastro

Bienvenidos~ 

A week before we begin the spring semester, we still have a handful of key players in our group to introduce, such as...

Miss. LEXIE MASTRO! 

Lexie is fun loving senior Physician Assistant major with an English minor. 

Keep reading to learn a little bit more about Lexie! 




Q: Why Mexico? 

A:  I am intrigued by the idea that a 3rd world country borders not only my own country, but a first world. To be so close, yet so distant is something I would like to dive into more. I also speak some spanish and enjoy the colorful culture.  

Q: What is one thing you'd like to learn more about before venturing to Mexico? 

A:  The socioeconomic  division in classes. I also want to learn about what kind of a healthcare system they have there.

Q: What do you consider words to live by?

A: "Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Ghandi 

Q: If there were ten more hours in a day, what would you do?

A: ...Probably study with that extra time before exams. 

Q: If you were stranded on a desert island with only one object, what would you want that object to be? 

A: A flint stick. 

Q: What is something you find interesting about yourself? 

A: I think it is interesting that I write creatively about medicine. 

Q: What is one of your personal attributes that you feel will contribute to the positive growth/outcome of the trip?

A: My flexibility and joke making skills in rough situations. Everyone needs a good laugh every once in a while--and traveling can be stressful, so I am about to make it my mission to have this be enjoyable :) 

Q: What is your dream job? 

A:  I am not sure what my dream job is yet. I want to go into clinical practice and be a P.A., however,  I think getting into public policy reform for healthcare would also be very impactful.

Q: What food item do you believe Wegman's should always include in their buffet? 

A: Grandma Phyllis' homemade meatballs.

Q: What inspires you? 

A: Putting words into action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment