Saturday, January 11, 2014

Getting to Know ABST Mexico: Jackie Pfeil

Hola Nuestro Amigos y Familia,

Before we commence the school year this coming Monday, we'd like to introduce the final puzzle piece to our group, Miss. JACKIE PFEIL!

Jackie is our other co-leader who is returning to Latin America after having a wonderful experience with the ABST to Guatemala last year.

Don't stop reading and you'll learn much more about Jackie!


Q: Why Mexico? 

A:  I have been to several Spanish speaking countries in the past few years and when I heard that Gannon would be traveling to Mexico I knew I wanted to be part of this trip. I love the culture and language; I did not want to miss the opportunity to experience the rich Mayan culture. 

Q: What is one thing you'd like to learn more about before venturing to Merida? 

A: I want to know how Merida differs from the rest of Mexico, we have preconceived notion as to what Mexico looks like, but because Merida is in the Yucatan and has more of a native culture, I think it will be different than what I expect it to be.  

Q: Words to live by? 

A: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss 

Q: If there were ten more hours in the day,  what would you do?

A: Would like to learn to play an instrument, I have tried in the past but never have the time to practice. 

Q:  If you were stranded on a desert island with only one object, what object would you bring? 

A: A book on how to survive an island. 

Q: Something you find interesting about yourself: 

A: I am a very crafty person; I love to make crafts and projects like that. My personal favorites are making bracelets from string and I also like to crochet. 

Q: What is one of your personal attributes that you feel will contribute to the positive growth/outcome of the trip? 

A: My attitude/ flexibility: I am very laid back and calm on trips and I am always willing to fill in wherever I am needed. 

Q: What is your dream job? 

A:  I would love to be a physical therapist for a professional sports team or maybe for the US Olympic team. A Hollywood actress wouldn’t be so bad either.  

Q: What is one thing that you believe Wegman's should definitely include in their buffet? 

A: I have never been to Wegman's. 

Q: What inspires you? 

A: Learning new things and adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment