Thursday, January 9, 2014

Getting to Know ABST Mexico: Natalie Pertz



Bienvenido!

It is the weekend before spring semester begins and with two more members of the group remaining to be introduced, we'd like to introduce you to one of our co-leaders Miss. NATALIE PERTZ. 


Natalie is a senior Theatre and Communication Arts major. 


Keep reading to get to know a bit more about Natalie...




Q: Why Mexico? 

A: I've always felt that Mexico was so close but also very ambiguous for me. In high school I took four years of spanish and was almost fluent- I'm challenging myself to try to get back to that point and learn firsthand what it is to embrace a cultural identity. 

Q: What is one thing you'd like to learn more about before venturing to Merida? 

A: The politics and whether or not the rich religious culture responds to it. 

Q: Words to live by? 

A: "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"-Eleanor Roosevelt 

Q: If there were ten more hours in the day,  what would you do?

A: Practice yoga more frequently and eventually become an instructor as well as read a lot more.

Q:  If you were stranded on a desert island with only one object, what object would you bring? 

A journal. 

Q: Something you find interesting about yourself: 

A: My connection with my family- we are larger than life and I love it. 

Q: What is one of your personal attributes that you feel will contribute to the positive growth/outcome of the trip? 

A: My optimism- the glass is definitely half full. 

Q: What is your dream job? 

A:  Doing what I love, utilizing theatre for social change. 

Q: What is one thing that you believe Wegman's should definitely include in their buffet? 

A: Butternut squash ravioli. 

Q: What inspires you? 

A: Passion, hard work, and selflessness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment