Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Livin the Viva Merida

When I signed up to go on a mission trip to Merida, I wasnt quite sure what to expect. It was my first mission trip and I didn't really know anyone that well so I was kinda nervous. However, going to Merida was one of the best experiences of my life. The sense of community that I felt when I was in Merida is a memory I will treasure forever. The group started off as mostly strangers but, ended the week as a close knit family. The group provided support, love and tons of laughter that I will always be thankful for. Another lesson I learned in Merida was how there is no better gift to give to someone than kindness and a smile. Communication at first was difficult but quickly I learned that the words that were exchanged were not the most important part of the interactions we had with the people of Merida. Simply smiling and showing kindness was all that was needed to share in a connection with others. One thing I learned in Merida that I hope to countiue doing is the importance of really listening to what people are saying to you. Some many people suffer from being lonely and simply listening to what someone is saying can provide so much comfort.  I will forvever be grateful for my experience in Merdia and the people I met there. I am so blessed and am thankful for the support the ABST trip recieved!

Thanks 

Chelsey Butterbaugh

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment