Tuesday, March 17, 2015

One step to Forever

 

Since being back at school, not a day has gone by that I don’t think about my week in Mexico.  The experiences that I had have forever left a mark on my heart and a piece of me with always be in Merida. 

 

Going into this trip I really did not know what to expect. This was my first ABST experience and I was going with a group of strangers. Little did I know that this group of strangers would become so important to me in just a week. There was a sense of community that formed even at the airport. We all were going through this experience together and were there to build each other up, support each other, and serve each other. We shared many hilarious momentsas well as shared in each other’s struggles. 

 

This trip blew me away. I went into it unsure of what to expect and was surprised by my love for everything about itWe were able to embrace the culture in many different ways and just share the love of Christ with others. All the kids that we were able to spend time with were too cute for words. Even with the language barrier we were able to share laughs, hugs, and smiles. These moments were so sweet. 

 

I will never forget all the memories that were made throughout this week and the amazing people that I got to share every moment with. Merida will always have a place in my heart and I am totally ready to go back!


Love always,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment