Monday, March 14, 2016

Live in the Moment

Each day that passes, I miss Merida more and more. Although it’s great being back at Gannon and back to my regular routine, I can’t help myself from constantly thinking about my experience in Merida.

During just one short week, I learned more than I can put into words. Playing with the children at the daycare and Nueva Vida taught me to enjoy every little moment, and more importantly reassured me about my decision to become an early childhood teacher. Visiting the village of Dzibikak allowed me to realize how fortunate I am for my home, education, and all the opportunities I have living in the United States. Overall, I realized the importance of living in the moment. Leading a busy life balancing school, work, and a social life I tend to forget about living in the moment and taking in all life has to offer. I get caught up in worrying about due dates and what I’m going to do on the weekend that each day ticks by without me actually living them. It’s easy to live in the moment when you’re free of life’s stresses, but the challenge is living in the moment on a day to day basis.

I will never forget my experience in Merida, and I can’t wait to go back one day. Until then I will continue to challenge myself to live in the moment here at Gannon.

Gracias,
Karis Kosobucki

No comments:

Post a Comment