Monday, March 14, 2016

Blogpost by Alli Lee

Traveling to Merida, Mexico was such a great experience and I wouldn't change it for a thing. I learned a lot and had an amazing opportunity discovering a new culture, and a new country, all while finding a piece of myself. I enjoyed spending time with the girls at Nueva Vida, the children at the daycare, and people in the villages. I had fun working with those at the nursing home and loved listening to all of the stories they were excited and willing to share. Work projects were a lot of fun too. It was a blessing to see how far a smile or laughter can be spread from country to country. Language barriers or cultural differences may have set us a part at times, but we were all a part of a bigger picture through service. I won't forget this trip and am so excited to continue my travels to make a difference and share a smile. I met amazing friends and was able to try so many new things. I had an amazing journey with a lot of memories and was able to step out of my comfort zone with some amazing people. I hope to have the opportunity to go back and visit Merida again.

Love,
Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment