Monday, March 14, 2016

Open eyes, ears and hearts

Oh the memories that Merida, Mexico 2016 brought me.  I will never forget the amazing people I met and places I saw that touched my heart forever.  I loved working with the girls at Nueva Vida.  It was so special to meet all of them and form a special connection with a few after the second day.  The children at the daycare reminded me that even the little things can mean so much and to always see with they eyes of a child; with this approach the good is always clear.  I was deeply touched in meeting the people of Dzibikak.  Their hospitality, generosity, and kindness were all clear through our conversations and encounters with them.  The residents of the nursing home reminded me that there is so much to be learned from our elders and that we should treat them with the utmost respect and honor.  Most of all, I loved watching my group members grow and making friends with whom I share an unbreakable bond.  Ever since we returned to campus, I hope to see their smiling faces when I turn the corner, and when I do the joy and love they have in their heart is always there to greet me.  I hope that I can be this person to them as well.

It has been my pleasure being the group blogger with Kevin for this trip.  I hope to have the chance to blog for another ABST in the future.  


Signing off for the last time,  
Erin Lipnicky 

No comments:

Post a Comment